SRHS Students Show School Spirit for Homecoming 2017
During the week of October 2-7, Salt River High School students celebrated their homecoming festivities. This year’s homecoming theme was “A Walk Through Wonderland.” The week ended with a homecoming parade, a Friday-night football game against Ajo High School, and a homecoming dance.
The Alice in Wonderland–themed festivities throughout the week were:
- Monday: Mad Hatter Monday
- Tuesday: Tweedledee and Tweedledum (twin day) and an alumni football game
- Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday: Tea Party Thursday and an alumni volleyball game
- Friday: “For Your School” Friday, the homecoming parade, tailgate and football game
- Saturday: “Walk Through Wonderland” homecoming dance
Friday was an action-packed day for students. Many wore their school colors and showed their school pride. Many participated in the homecoming parade, which started at VA 1 Park and ended at the SRHS football field parking lot. The festivities continued with a tailgate party and the homecoming game.
In the game, the SRHS Eagles fell short to the Ajo Red Raiders, 22-42. The Eagles managed to keep up with the Red Raiders in the first half of the game but fell short in the second half. During halftime, homecoming royalty candidates were announced. SRHS seniors Shady Suniga and Jesus Martinez-Cachorawere crowned the 2017 Homecoming King and Queen.