|Rayleen Martinez dressed as the nun from The Conjuring 2.|
Spooky SRPMIC Fall Festival Attracts Dozens; Costume Winners Announced
The Force is strong with Jaden Joshevama.
Joshevama was crowned the 2016 Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Fall Festival overall costume winner. The 7-year-old was dressed as an Ewok, the teddy bear–looking creature made popular by the Star Wars movies. He beat out a cute monkey named Abu and the sinister nun from the movie The Conjuring 2, amongst a few others.
The Fall Festival attracted dozens of people to the Community’s Recreation Building, many dressed in costume. The three-hour event included children’s games, a DJ, a haunted house, and food and art vendors.
Besides Joshevama, six other costume contestants placed first in their age divisions. All winners received a prize.
Fall Festival Costumes, First-Place Winners
* Age 0 to 3: Bralen Lewis, “Abu” from the movie Aladdin
* Age 4 to 6: Bree Kimball, Raphael
* Age 7 to 10: Delaine Correa, Broken Doll
* Age 11 to 13: Gabriel Martinez, Bride of Frankenstein
* Age 14 to 16: Rayleen Martinez, nun from The Conjuring 2
* Age 17+: Larry Pedro, Jeepers Creepers
* Overall winner: Jaden Joshevama, EwokClick here to view photo gallery.