Salt River Fields at Talking Stick is in the final phase of construction, with a completion date of January 28. During February, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies will move to their new home in preparation for the first spring training home game between the teams on February 26.
Since the last update in Au-Authm Action News, several jobs have been completed and crews are continuing to put the final touches on the spring training facility.
“Construction workers have been working hard to meet the deadline,” said Engineering and Construction Services Construction Management Division Manager Ron Moll. “We are in the final push to complete the facility and are working long hours. The site is really looking great.”
Here is an overview of the most recent progress:
• Three of the four entrance roads have been paved, and the final road is currently in progress.
• The site access road from the Pavilions Shopping Center has been completed.
• One of the site access roads off Pima Road has been completed and the other is currently underway.
• The site access road from Via de Ventura is almost complete.
• The final lift of asphalt on the loop road will be placed over the next couple of weeks.
• Five of the six asphalt parking lots have been completed and the sixth is in progress.
• Landscaping is ongoing. Trees and plants are being placed and decomposed granite is being spread.
• All playing fields have sod installed and are currently being maintained by the Salt River Fields ground crews.
• Sod installation at the half fields, bunting fields and agility fields is being completed.
• Windscreens and padding for the practice fields is in progress.
• Lights at all fields have been completed and are regularly used at night for the second construction shift.
• Miscellaneous site lighting is ongoing.
• The main entry bridge to the stadium has been installed, as well as the cistern and stream that run from the bridge down to the lake.
The stadium is quickly nearing completion:
• Signage is being installed throughout the stadium and on the concession buildings.
• Concession stands are nearly complete and food-service equipment is being installed.
• Stadium seating is almost complete, with only a few minor items yet to finish.
• The stadium playing field is complete.
• Sod has been installed on the outfield seating berm.
• Stadium lighting is complete.
• The public address system is installed and currently undergoing testing.
• The stadium scoreboard and ribbon boards are complete and are currently undergoing testing.
• Suites and radio/TV booths are nearing completion.
• Party decks are complete and the last few touches are underway, including the installation of televisions.
The clubhouses are nearing completion. Several areas have already had their initial walk-through and noted items are being corrected.