Salt River Schools Hosting Kindergarten Roundup, Superintendent Community Forums
Big things are happening at Salt River Schools. Here is a roundup of some upcoming events.
Schools Superintendent Engages Community With Forums
The Salt River Schools Community Forums are the latest among many initiatives led by Superintendent Dr. Louis Laffitte, Jr., to engage with Community families that have current and prospective students in Salt River schools. Laffitte wants to ensure that Community members are aware of school programs and have opportunities to share their perspectives.
Two forums are scheduled in March. The first will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 9 at the Salt River Community Building, and the second will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 30 at the Lehi Community Building. Light snacks will be provided.
SRS to Host Education Fair in April
Salt River Schools will host an Education Fair from 3 to 7 p.m. on April 6.
This year’s theme is “Reaching Higher,” because SRS believes in the importance of emphasizing higher education from birth on up. SRS also hosts “College Day” on the first Thursday of each month in an effort to get students thinking about college options.
The event is open to the public.
Kindergarten Roundup Set for March
Do you have a prospective youngster at home primed for school? If your child is set to turn 5 before September 1, you’re invited to Salt River Elementary School’s annual Kindergarten Roundup.
The school is offering two options to attend: March 2 from 3 to 5 p.m., or March 3 from 8 to 11 a.m.
At Kindergarten Roundup, you’ll meet SRES staff and teachers, explore what the school has to offer, and enroll your child(ren) for the 2017-18 school year. There will be prizes, family activities and snacks.
Here is what to bring to ensure your child’s enrollment:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)/Tribal ID
- Proof of current vaccinations
- Proof of current residence (a utility bill, for example)
- Any custody-related paperwork
For more information on all school happenings, call (480) 362-2400 or visit http://sres.srpmic-ed.org/.
20 Ways That Salt River Elementary School Stands Out
- O’odham and Piipaash culture and language curriculum
- FREE full-day kindergarten (8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
- Small class sizes
- Reading intervention based on need
- Math enrichment based on need
- Full-time registered nurse
- Art, physical education, technology, music and library for students
- S.T.E.P. Up tutoring program
- F.A.C.E. family education opportunities
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Dental screenings
- Eagle Buck store
- 21st Century After-School Enrichment Classes
- Effective, caring teachers
- Quarterly student recognition
- Great events: Parent/Student Field Day & Picnic, Read Across America, Fun Runs, Kids Voting, Native American Recognition and Culture Nights
- Transportation to Boys and Girls Club Red Mountain and Lehi branches, VA II Clubhouse, and Salt River Recreation
- First Things First Pre-K summer program
- Award-winning robotics program
- Latest technology: laptops, document cameras and interactive boards in every classroom
Note: Information provided by Salt River Schools