Scottsdale Community College American Indian Program provided an afternoon program for high school students to learn about a variety of programs offered at SCC. Ten students participated in the experience. Students spent one day at each of the following programs:
1. American Indian Programs – Provided an overview of SCC and a student who is pursuing her master’s degree talked to the students about her experiences and struggles to get to this point in her education. Our students had many questions for her.
2. Computer Information Systems – Students learned about the variety of degrees available in the area of technology.
3. Center for Native and Urban Wildlife- Students visited the garden and saw wildlife kept in the center.
4. Fitness and Yoga – Students participated in activities at the SCC fitness center
5. Culinary Arts – Students learned about the program, visited the herb garden and participated in a cake class.
6. Interior Design – Students designed their own room.
7. Study Abroad – Students learned that once a college student they can study abroad at a variety of locations.
Students were extremely positive about the experiences at SCC. The experience gave them ideas to think about and most of them were disappointed when the program ended.